John Matthew Fabian, PSY.D., J.D., ABPP
is a board certified forensic and clinical psychologist by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP), and fellowship trained clinical neuropsychologist. Dr. Fabian has a national practice specializing in criminal and civil forensic psychological and neuropsychological evaluations. Areas of expertise include, but not limited to:
- Pretrial Forensic Psychological/Neuropsychological Evaluations: Competency to Waive Miranda Rights and False Confession, Competency to Stand Trial, Insanity, Mens Rea, Diminished Capacity, Battered Women/Children Syndrome defenses, PTSD defenses
- Presentence Mitigation Psychological/Neuropsychological Evaluations: Court Presentence Mitigation Evaluations, Focusing on Assessment of Mental Illness and Psychiatric Disorders, Neuropsychological Impairments of Neurological Disorders and Brain Dysfunction, Chemical Dependency and Neurocognitive Effects of Substances on Brain Function, and Treatment Needs/Amenability
- Sexual Violence/Violence Risk Assessment: Sexual Violence and Civil Commitment of Sexually Violent Predators, Child Pornography Risk Assessment and Treatment Needs, Violence Risk Assessment, Risk Assessment with Brain Injured Offenders
- Death Penalty and Capital Litigation: Competency to Waive Appeals, Mitigation a Execution, Mitigation at Capital Sentencing, Intellectual Disability Evaluations, Future Dangerousness
- Juvenile Forensic Psychological Evaluations: Competency to Waive Miranda Rights, Competency to Stand Trial, Mens Rea, Waiver to Adult Court and False Confession, Juvenile Sex Offender Evaluation, Juvenile Homicide
- Civil Forensic Psychological Evaluations: Personal Injury Examinations in Torts for Emotional Distress, PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury, Assessing Employment Discrimination and Harassment Tort Claims, Disability and Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Domestic and Family Court Evaluations: Child Custody, Parental Fitness, Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Pre-employment and Fitness for Duty Evaluations: Risk Assessment and Psychological and Neuropsychological Evaluations for Law Enforcement and the Workplace
- Immigration Forensic Psychological Evaluations: Petition for Undue and Extreme Hardship and Risk Assessments for Family Based Immigration Petitions
Meet Dr. Fabian
John Matthew Fabian, PSY.D., J.D., ABPP is both a board certified forensic and clinical psychologist, and fellowship trained clinical neuropsychologist. Dr. Fabian has a local ...
Where Can I Assist
Competency to stand trial.
Competency to waive Miranda Rights and/or confess.
Not guilty by reason of insanity.
Mens rea ("guilty mind") and/or dimished capacity ...
Dr. Fabian is actively involved in research and scholarship as reflected in recent contributions to peer-reviewed journals and edited books ...